1. Have students add a QR reader app to their smart phones (I-nigma or Q Rafter . . .)
2. Teacher creates an audio message in http://www.recordmp3.org/ (steps are simple . . . just follow the directions as they are listed in the site)
3. Then, teacher copies/pastes the mp3 link into a QR generator . (For this QR Generator site, click the world icon to add your sound link).
4. Once the code is generated, embed the QR Code in your blog just like you see below.
5. Students aim their QR Reader at the embedded code and receive the link to the mp3 file.
Keep in mind, this is just an idea I wanted to play with after attending Tammy's conference. There are many ways to embed audio into your blog (e.g. vocaroo or audioboom). So, pick what works for you. QR Codes are so versatile, though, and this is just another way to highlight that versatility. Take this idea and run with it. It's up to you to make it work for you!
Some things to think about:
- you'll need a mic for recording
- you'll have to be okay with student phones during class so they can "read" the QR code (it's okay, really!)
- you may want to make sure students have earbuds so they don't disturb others