Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Blendkit2015: Ch 1 DIY Tasks (Course Blueprint and Mix Map)

Part of this week's Blendkit2015 activities included setting up a blended course blueprint and a mix map.  The purpose of these tasks is to conceptualize our course-- create a vision of sorts-- and then decide the logistics of the face to face and online portions of the class.  Because the course I'm planning hasn't happened yet,  I found it difficult to create the blueprint at first.  There was a lot of time spent just staring at my google drawing.  As I worked, though, it became easier to develop my vision.  I tried to keep my goals as general as possible and found that by doing so I was able to work out a few details through the "objectives" and "outcomes" categories.  I feel certain the objectives and outcomes will change as I continue learning through the Blendkit2015 course.  Although I didn't put a clock to it, the blueprint task took me about an hour and a half to complete.  I know it's not perfect, but it seems (at this point, anyway) to reflect the general vision I have for the class.

The mix map was much easier for me to start and finish.  Perhaps this is due to the fact that I can see the direction I want the course to take now that I've completed the blueprint.  Like the blueprint, I feel there will be changes made to the mix map as I continue learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment